Monday, July 14, 2008

SERIOUSLY?!?

What is going on here? If I have to save one more cat that's caught behind a dresser today, I'm gonna scream. Yeah, you heard me. Let me explain.

Salvation Army is coming tomorrow morning to pick up our old furniture and one of the pieces is a tall stand-up dresser positioned in the corner of the bedroom which we have a huge television on top of. Well, in my process of cleaning the dresser out for the move, I took the television off of it. The critter crew apparently saw this as their chance to take advantage of a new place to climb.

It all started when I heard a pretty loud thud coming from the bedroom. Well, being as I had several boxes stacked up in the bedroom, along with the fact that they knock stuff over all the time, I wasn't real concerned with it. I'll get to it later, I thought. Well later came around and when I went in there, I couldn't find anything out of place. I thought, well that's strange. This is when I heard a faint "meww" coming from under the dresser. I looked behind it and saw a large grey tail peeking out. Somehow the 19 lb. Mouse had managed to crawl underneath the dresser and had gotten himself stuck! I tilted it forward so he could crawl out and then moved it sideways as he ran from the back of it. Now mind you, this whole time, his brother Iddle is watching off to the side.

Not an hour later, I walk into the bedroom to another "meww". I immediately peek over the dresser to find Iddle looking up at me like "oops". After a short talk about "didn't you learn anything from your brother's mistake?" I let him out as well. Now you'd think this would be the end of it, but no. As I'm walking in to the bedroom even later I come to see how they are managing to get stuck behind the dresser. I turn the corner into the bedroom just in time to see Roscoe take a leap onto the dresser, slide across the top, hit the wall, and go straight down. I almost peed my pants laughing. That was some funny shnatt! Earlier that day, I had polished the wood on the dressers because they were pretty dusty. My bad!

Good lord!! You're not going to believe this, but as I was typing this, Iddle managed to do it again! Seriously?!? Really? Unbelievable. Here we go again. Catman to the rescue!!

2 comments:

I'm not crazy, just well mixed! said...

hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha....

aaaah - good 'ol Roscoe. Always good for a laugh

Anonymous said...

We noticed that George is the only one that stayed out of trouble (so far!). We think it might be because we had a big talk with him when we was with us about RESPONSIBILITY! Hang in there!