Saturday, June 28, 2008

5 Things I'd Rather Be Doing This Summer, But Can't Afford

There are several things I'd rather be doing this summer, actually more than several, but I've picked five that are on the top of my list. Unfortunately for many reasons, including lack of funds, I will not be able to (yet). But I can still dream, so here they are:


How cool would that be!! They say that one hour of flight training is equal to eight hours of physical labor, so I'd have to probably get in shape before trying this one.



Pros: Extreme adreneline rush, cool uniform, flying a friggin jet plane!

Cons: Possiblility of passing out and landing in a ball of flames.

Cost: $730 - 3700.



Flying across the desert, jumping over hills and rocks, rushing through rivers all at a top speed of 135 mph? Count me in. This is defininatly something I would love to try once.



Pros: Adreneline rush, beautiful landscapes.
.
Cons: Breaking down in the middle of Mexico with nothing around except circling vultures.

Cost: $3000 - 5000




There's no way in hell that I'd want to experience this in actual combat, but it would be completely awesome to take this adventure in Covert Ops training!

Pros: Learn to be like a real life James Bond, cool toys, adreneline rush.

Cons: The CIA might actually try to sign you up afterwards.


Cost: $3800






Yeah, I like to dream big. But who hasn't wanted to go to outer space. I would just like to look down at the earth one time before I die. You can go on a mission for $25,000,000, but luckily for me, they also have one for only $15,000,000... Oh wait, that's not going to work for me either. Oh well, maybe next summer.


Pros: Going to space, bragging rights.


Cons: Cost, the most intense medical examination of your life, you might run into Lance Bass.

Cost: $15 - 25 million


.
Well, I've never been to England and I've never rented a castle. So I'm just trying to kill two birds with one stone. And I say if you're going to go to England, might as well go in style.

Pros: Live like a king for 4 days.



Cons: You've spent so much on the castle, you can't afford the servants.


Cost: Four nights @ 2,269 Euros ($3,600)


So there's my list of things I'd rather be doing this summer. What's on your List?

1 comment:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

1) Going to Italy.

2) Going to Greece.

Oh wait - YOU already did those things this summer.