Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The 'Rents come to Visit

Man, I realized how lazy I've become with my posts lately. Sorry about that. I promise I'll try harder in the future. (Please don't beat me again, I'll be good).

This is the weekend in pictures Part Deux that Lori promised you a couple of weeks ago.

THURSDAY

These crazy kids came to visit US for THEIR 44th wedding anniversary. I know, you're jealous. Don't be - they wore us out!


Thursday night - ate here. (Yeh, seafood in Virginia) and the lobster bisque made us all extremely happy.

FRIDAY
Lori worked while we immersed ourselves in history at the Bull Run Battlefield. Look at Jackson standing there like a stone wall!!



Explored Great Falls National Park and found that it was indeed Great.


Anniversary dinner at "Carmello's".....be jealous. Very very jealous. Who knew you could mix Portuguese and Italian?



SATURDAY
Back to the cabin in WV. At peace with nature. Ohmmmm.


Apple Butter Festival in Berkeley Springs, WV. Lori Looooves her some apple butter.


MMMMMmmmm….pork sammiches. Th-Th-That's all folks!! (not really, there's more)


Random man scared of me coming back with some homemade lemonade. I seem to have that effect on people sometimes. LOL


Berkeley Springs has the smallest National Park in the U.S. For real... No, seriously.



George Washington’s Bath Tub…Really? That's what they tell me...


Oooooooo, nature's mirror. Nice.


GUMMI BEAR TREE!
(Lori swears that these trees look like a bag of gummi bears)



Saturday Night - Dinner and s’mores around the campfire.
(Lori plans on practicing her s’more making at home in the fireplace. She will NOT be out-s’mored!)
Anne was kind enough to play the harmonica for us.



SUNDAY:
Off to the Shenandoah Valley

Very Pretty! (See what I did there? I could be talking about the women OR the valley. I'm getting the hang of this thing called marriage.)


The color of the trees were awesome!



Lori, Dad and I went hiking in the Shenandoah Valley and saw...



BOOBS!


Don't look now, but... seriously don't look. Nature calls. And whatever you do, don't take a... picture (too late).

Happy Couple.

Happy Family.


THE END.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great son! Wonderful pictures PLUS meaningful commentary! I'll try to send some of mine soon. Love ya both!

Anonymous said...

An Apple Butter Festival? That's all they were festing? I love apple butter as much as the next guy (apparently not as much as Lori) but didn't expect an entire festival. Either way, great pictures- I miss those colors.

Reba said...

Ok... what kind of gummy bears is she eating?! Really. I don't see it.

Great pictures!

Nice knockers.